September 8 - Satan’s Curled and Bloody Whiskers
That’s a hell of a cocktail name, right? Well, truth is the name is just “Satan’s Whiskers.” The drink can be served “curled” (using curacao) or “straight” (using Grand Marnier). I went with curled, and I used fresh-squeezed blood orange juice instead of the regular kind. So … there you go!
I said I’d try to do something special fancy since I missed last night. Hope this pic and recipe live up to the promise!
- 1 oz. Gin (New Amsterdam is great here)
- 1/2 oz. Curacao (Pierre Ferrand)
- 1/2 oz. Sweet Vermouth (Carpano Antica lends a lot of depth)
- 1/2 oz. Dry Vermouth (Dolin Dry)
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Blood Orange Juice
- 2 Dashes Orange Bitters (Regans’)
Combine all ingredients in a shaker over ice and shake thoroughly. Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with a blood orange wheel.